Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Utah Birth Community Mourns

I was saddened to wake up Easter morning, to read that a Young Utah Midwife, Briana Blackwelder, was tragically killed in an automobile accident on April 23rd, 2011. My heart goes out to her younger brother Ian who was driving the SUV, and her family.

The whole midwifery community in Utah and beyond is affected by the death of this intelligent, young midwife. I did not know her as well as some, but from the interactions I had with her I was always impressed by her heart and wisdom.

To read more about Briana Fox News shared a story in the link below. My heart also goes out to Cathy Larson, another great midwife, who worked closely with Briana. Love to all her family, clients, and the whole community.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-rollover-two-in-critical-condition-after-suv-rollover-in-santaquin-20110423,0,1895074.story

No comments:

Post a Comment